What happened in Alaska Earthquake 7.1 reports-Very strong deep earthquake in Alaska

Very strong deep earthquake in Alaska
BREAKING NEWS: We have detected a strong readers increase, which normally indicates that an earthquake was felt. Are you one of the people who felt the shaking of this earthquake ? If yes, may we kindly request you to let us know what you have felt and if you have damage or not.
Please use the form below or click here @ I HAVE FELT AN EARTHQUAKE.
Update 10:42 UTC :  Preliminary reports are giving a M6.4 but luckily at a depth of 130 km (90 miles)
More INFO and MAPS about this earthquake : CLICK HERE.

  • Wasilla, Alaska - Very strong shaking for about 3 or 4 minutes, but not near as strong, or as long, as the one in 1964.
  • Car - Sitting in the car and suddenly 8 see and feel EVERYTHING shaking side to side, my apartment complex looked like it was goin to tip over . No damage
  • Chugiak - Nothing fell or broke!
  • Anchorage, Alaska - Glassware fell and broke, lamp fell on floor, furniture moved inches, wall pictures all askew, stove moved a couple inches. I was running for the door and it was hard to stand. Trees outside were swaying. Cats flew off the bed terrified before the quake was noticeable to me. Worst quake in my 50+ years in Alaska. I was in Bethel during the 1964 great Alaska Earthquake.
  • GEOFON Sudan Jan 24 11:02 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Sudan Jan 24 11:02 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    PTWC
    Jan 24 10:44 7.1 0 MAP I Felt It

  • Soldotna - It woke me up out of a dead sleep!
  • KACHEMAK BAY - WORST I'VE FELT IN 37 YEARS! DISHES ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER WERE THROWN TO THE FLOOR. IT WAS SO BAD I STOOD IN THE DOOR-WAY READY TO GO OUTSIDE. BUT THEN IT SUBSIDED. THE CAT RAN BACK AND FORTH TRYING TO GET OUT AND NOW I CAN'T FIND HER.
  • wasilla - It was huge!!!!
  • Whitehorse - Up reading and suddenly felt quite nauseated. Then bed shook and house crackled for several seconds. Kathy
  • USGS Old Iliamna, Alaska Jan 24 10:30 7.1 127 MAP I Felt It INFO

  • North Pole, Alaska - No damage, minute long light shaking
  • Anchorage - This is the most violent earthquake I have ever felt in my thirty plus years in Alaska. It started rather gently and kept getting stronger and stronger. I finally realized I better go outside in case the trees fall on the building. I figured I'd have a better chance of survival. It seemed the trees were swaying for minutes. The trees were making a creaking noise. I never felt in danger of harm because I was where I should be in case it got any worse. Luckily, it finally died down.
  • Anchorage - Woke up out of a dead sleep. 2nd wave came in stronger than first, entire house shaking. Stood in the doorway bracing while several things fell off walls and shelves.
  • Soldotna, Alaska - Woke me up, strong side by side shaking lasted a long time with one very dropping jolt, no damage at my house
  • Juneau AK - Long way away but still felt it, searched 5 sites before seeing it reported 10 minutes later. Very light shake of building, could see my coffee moving in my cup.
  • USGS Old Iliamna, Alaska Jan 24 10:30 6.8 123 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Southern Alaska Jan 24 10:30 7.0 123 MAP I Felt It

  • Ninilchik - Hard shaking 10 to 20 seconds.Woke me up right away. Knocked items off shelves,down my stairs from the landing at the second floor. Nothing broken any where.
  • EMSC Southern Alaska Jan 24 10:30 7.1 128 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Anchor Point, Alaska Jan 24 10:30 6.4 142 MAP I Felt It

  • Eagle river, AK - no damage just swinging lights
  • anchorage - ran outside before it stopped. no lose of power of damage.
  • Anchorage - Sitting on an airplane. Shook the airplane. Lights outside went out. Strong as some of the hard landings I have felt, and I fly for a living.
  • Anchorage - No Damage just strong wave like shaking
  • Soldotna - A vase got knocked off a table and broke
  • wasilla - brought me out of my sleep nothing broke but things fell off shelf and table
  • Wasilla - There bo damage that we know of. It woke us all up from the shaking.
  • eagle River - paintings all crooked..... woke us up... lasted quite a long time.
  • Soldotna - Woke up to house shaking really hard, no damage that I'm aware of yet
  • Wasilla - Woke me up from a dead sleep
  • Anchorage - Things fell off of our shelves and our flat screen TV fell over the entire house was shaking and it woke everyone up
  • Anchorage - Started moderate shaking. Minimum 15-30 seconds later, as we were making our way outside the shaking became very strong. The shaking lasted for 3 mins, glasses fell and broke from cabinets. Water emptied out of our cat's bowl, no other damage noted.
  • wasilla - Whole building swayed (Old house, probably not very structurally sound), books and pictures fell off the shelves, TV nearly fell over. The dogs where scared crazy. The quake seemed to last at least 20 seconds, and could be felt before the actual quake arrived.
  • Wasilla, ak - Felt like house was moving in a square, lots of object shifting,
  • Anchorage AK - one minute, lamps swinging, building shifted from side to side, objects fell over and out of cabinets
  • Anchorage - No known damage. Shaking was actually between moderate and strong.
  • Eagle River - No damage
  • Kenai - The whole house was shaking. The walls were moving. Pictures fell off the walls. The kitchen table moves. Our 40 gallon aquarium moves 3 to 4 inches and if it moves another inch it would have fallen off of its stand. It literally felt like the ground under the house was moving.
  • Palmer - Very strong shaking with books falling off shelves. Woke people up.
  • Eagle River - Whole house shaking. No damage.
  • WAsilla - Bed was swaying back and forth, a few things fell off shelf, lamps swaying 2-feet back and forth. wide awake!
  • Anchor Point - long & strong. Things thrown on floor. Cat freaked out & took off.
  • WCATWC 50 Miles E Of Iliamna Alaska Jan 24 10:30 7.1 104 MAP I Felt It INFO

  • Eagle river - Items fell off shelves, broken glass, swinging light fixtures
  • WCATWC 55 Miles Se Of Iliamna Alaska Jan 24 10:30 6.4 140 MAP I Felt It INFO
    -

    Kommentare

    Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

    Straßenstrich-Immer mehr Frauen gehen in die Prostitution für Einkommen, insbesondere aus den Universitäten

    Europas Öffentlichkeit sieht zu -Straßenstrich C-63 von Lloret de Mar

    Lloret de Mar-Tödliches Vergnügen-Nicht aus dem Urlaub zurück